Home Remedies to get rid of Frizzy Hair
1. Go with Vinegar to Tame Frizzy Hair:
The ingredient like vinegar, or apple cider vinegar, both are a very good remedy, if you have frizzy hair. They can help you in balancing the pH levels of your hair and close down any open cuticle shingle. If you opt with this remedy, your hair will surely get smooth and shiny element. At the same time, vinegar reduces all the mess and erase all the impurities from the scalp. You may not like the smell of the vinegar as it doesn’t smell good though . Hence, apple cider vinegar doesn’t smell so you can apply this one if it bothers you.
- Vinegar or Apple cider vinegar- 1/2 to 1 cup
- Warm water- 1-2 cups
- Apply shampoo to your hair as you do on your other days.
- Soak your hair properly with water.
- Now add the vinegar and warm water in order to make you after washing it off.
- Rub this blend of vinegar and water from the scalp down to the end of your hair.
- Wait for at least a minute or two.
- Now rinse your hair once again with water.
2.Opt for Avocado Masks to Control Frizzy Hair
We all are very well aware that avocado is rich in a nourishing skin and even our hair and can be used as a moisturizing agent. This product is composed of nutrients, mainly vitamin E that helps stop frizzy hair. So why not go for a hair mask with a ripe avocado squashed with one or the other hydrating agents such as olive oil, mayonnaise, yogurt, banana, coconut oil etc.
- Ripe Avocado- 1/2-1
- Any one of the below
- Mayonnaise- 1 cup
- Olive oil- 1-2 tbsp
- Coconut oil- 1-2 tbsp
- Ripe banana- 1
- Yogurt- 1/2- 1 cup
- Warm water
- Opt with the avocado and mash it well.
- Now apply the other hydrating agent of your choice from the list given and add it to the mashed avocado to form a mixture.
- Use this to your hair while massaging gently into it.
- Now rinse the towel with warm water and wring out the excessive water.
- Fold this warm towel around your head and wait for about half an hour.
- Now wash off your hair with shampoo and water.
- Do this once a week to make your hair soft and smooth .
3.Have an Oil Treatment to Tame Frizzy Hair
Nothing can be a good conditioner for your dry frizzy hair than the oils. Such oils as coconut oil and olive oil had been used since ages by people to keep their hair smooth, shiny, and frizz free. These oils have many nutrients in them that help your hair become strong and healthy too. So, once or twice in a week, give your hair a nice hot oil massage and tame your frizzy hair forever.
- Coconut oil or Olive oil- 1/4 – 1/2 cup (depending upon the length of your hair)
- Hot water
- Warm the oil of your choice.
- Now apply this warm oil to your hair. Apply this to your scalp too so as to nourish your hair completely from roots till the end.
- Using your finger tips, massage the oil into your scalp.
- Use your palms to gently rub your hair locks to coat them well with the warm oil.
- Keep on massaging the scalp and hair for a good 10-15 minutes.
- Now soak the towel in the hot water and then wring out the excess water.
- Wrap the hot towel around your hair and head.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Now wash off with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
- If you do not want to give hot towel treatment to your hair, leave the oil in the hair overnight.
- Wash off hair the next morning.
- Repeat this 1-2 times a week. If your hair is extremely dry, brittle and frizzy, you may even do this on alternate days for some time.