9. Banana- Oatmeal Scrub for Unwanted Hair Removal
If your skin is dry, banana is one of the best ingredients that can be used for removing hair for you. Banana leaves your skin soft and supple. But the just banana is not enough for removing hair. You need to mix it with something which is a little rough on skin to exfoliate it. However, this roughness should not harm your delicate skin. Oatmeal is the perfect thing to use then. It is also a great natural cleanser for skin.
• Ripe banana- 1
• Oatmeal- 1-2 tsp
• Mash the banana.
• Add oatmeal to it.
• Apply this paste to face rubbing in circular motion.
• Do this for about 15 minutes.
• Wash off with water.
• Repeat this twice a week.
10. Sugar-Molasses Homemade Wax for Unwanted Hair Removal
You have seen earlier that sugar combined with lemon and honey can be used to make a depilatory wax for removing unwanted hair. Sugar can also be used with molasses or dark corn syrup for the same purpose.
• Sugar- 1 cup
• Molasses OR Dark corn syrup – enough to top the sugar.
• Lemon juice- from half a lemon
• Place sugar in a microwave safe bowl or a vessel.
• Top this with a drizzle of molasses or dark corn syrup, whatever you are using.
• Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
• Microwave for 2-3 minutes or heat it up to dissolve the sugar.
• Now add the lemon juice to the mixture. Stir well.
• If you see the mixture needs to blend more, microwave or heat for another 2-3 minutes.
• Let it cool for some time. However, it should be warm and not cold before you apply this to your hair for removing.
• Apply the warm mixture to your hair on hands and legs. Use a strip of cloth or waxing strip to pull off the hair.
11. Have Spearmint Tea to Prevent Unwanted Hair Growth
The appearance of unwanted hair may be, sometimes, a result of excessive production of the hormone androgen. This is called ‘Hirsutism,’ which refers to having excessive hair on the face, especially in women. It is the result of hormonal imbalance which occurs due to increased level of androgens and testosterone, the male hormones, or because of over-sensitivity of hair follicles to androgen. Spearmint herb is known to regulate hormones. So, you may consider having spearmint tea to bring down your androgens to optimum levels.
• Fresh spearmint leaves- 5-6 OR Dried spearmint- 1 tsp
• Boiling water- 1 cup
• Place spearmint leaves or the dried herb in a pot.
• Pour hot water over it.
• Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
• Strain and drink the tea.
• A cup or two of spearmint tea are enough.